Best Vinyl Fence For Windy Areas
When choosing a vinyl fence for windy areas, it is important to consider the fence’s ability to withstand high winds and remain stable. Here are some factors to consider when selecting the best vinyl fence for wind:
- Fence height: A taller fence is generally more wind-resistant than a shorter one. Look for a fence that is at least 6 feet tall, as this will provide a greater barrier against the wind.
- Fence design: Some fence designs are more wind-resistant than others. For example, a fence with a solid panel or picket design will provide more stability in windy conditions than a fence with a lattice or open design.
- Fence strength: Look for a vinyl fence that is made with high-quality materials and is built to withstand strong winds. The thicker the vinyl, the stronger the fence will be.
- Fence anchors: Make sure the fence has adequate anchors to hold it in place during high winds. This might include concrete footings, metal brackets, or other types of support.
- Fence maintenance: Proper maintenance is important to ensure that your vinyl fence remains in good condition and can withstand wind. This might include cleaning and repairing any damage as needed.
In summary, the best vinyl fence for wind will be tall, have a solid panel or picket design, be made with high-quality materials, have strong anchors, and be properly maintained. By choosing a fence that meets these criteria, you can ensure that your fence will remain stable and secure during high winds.
At Vinyl Fence Warehouse we have a variety of these styles available and our privacy 6 foot has been tested at over 115 mph sustained winds.