8 Questions about Vinyl Privacy Fencing
We wanted to provide you with 8 questions about Vinyl Privacy Fencing. We get a lot questions when it comes to upgrading or adding a new Vinyl Privacy Fence and we hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
1. How does Vinyl Privacy Fence hold up to high winds?
Vinyl Privacy Fence is engineered and designed to hold up to extremely high winds. Wind load testing has shown vinyl privacy fence to withstand up to 130 MPH winds with a sustained load of 115 MPH when installed correctly.
2. Are all vinyl privacy fences the same?
No! Not all vinyl privacy fences are made the same. Chemical composition is different, thickness is different and the engineering standards and sizes are different. There are a lot of options when it comes to vinyl privacy fence, which is why you should always go with a company you can trust.
Make sure you read this article: QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR VINYL FENCE SUPPLIER
3. Are the vinyl fence posts slid over steel or wood post?
Vinyl fences are designed to install the post right into the ground like traditional fences and concreted in. Some installers drive pipes into the ground and slide the post over it but this is for ease of installation only. It is neither necessary nor recommended by the manufacturer of vinyl fencing. Typically the only post that would have a steel or aluminum insert installed (never wood) are gate posts. This is to stiffen it up for the hanging of the gate or a fence taller than 6 feet. Vinyl fences must be flexible and must expand and contract, hence the reason slide overs and in ground pipes aren’t necessary.
4. Does my Vinyl Fence come with a warranty? Most major manufacturers give a lifetime warranty with a guarantee that the product will be free from manufacturer’s defects. Guaranteed not to rot, blister, crack or corrode. Guarantee is given not to be eaten by insects, termites or wood ants. Your Vinyl Fence will never need painting and fading will be limited over time. They are not covered by acts of God or vandalism.
5. How long will my vinyl fence last?
Vinyl fences are designed to last a lifetime. Accelerated laboratory test show the product last in excess of 150 years before degrading. Your fence will likely out last your home.
6. Will installing a Vinyl Fence increase the value of my home?
Your vinyl fence will look new for many years to come without the need to replace anything every few years like a wood fence. As with most improvements of a home, a vinyl fence increases the value, and your home will be more appealing when it comes time to sale.
7. Can I install a vinyl fence on top of concrete?
Yes. Vinyl fences can be installed on top of concrete by using different methods. One method is to use a mounting post with a plate attached to the bottom that can be bolted to the concrete.
8. Will I ever have to paint my vinyl fence.
NO. Vinyl fences will never need to be painted.